Business Names are commonly referred to as Sole Proprietorships, BN2, or Partnerships and are Registered under the Business Names Act.
Registration of a Business name in Kenya
1. Name Search
The proposed business name must be reserved pending registration.
Application for reservation of a Business Name should be made in writing and accompanied
with the prescribed fee.
2. Application Form BN 2
Once a name is searched and approved the applicant(s) should complete a statement of
particulars form also known as ( BN 2 Form).
3. Certificate of Registration also referred to as BN 3 is processed thereafter.
Requirements for Business Name Registration
- Proposed Business name for name search approval.
- The nature of Business / activities the business shall undertake.
- Names of the Proprietor/s in Full.
- Postal address for the Business Name.
- Proposed Physical address of the Business. Address includes road, plot number,
- Copy of ID / Passport of the Proprietor or Partners.
- Passport photo of the Proprietor/s.
- Copy of PIN certificate of the Proprietor/s or partner/s.